Saturday, May 27 – Saturday, June 3
Boston → Montreal
We're going all the way to Montreal this year!
Bos/treal (Boss-tree-all) is a weeklong bike tour and fundraiser that benefits the Boston Cyclists Union’s (BCU) work to improve biking for everyone in Boston. In 2023, participants will ride nearly 400 miles over five days (ranging from 55 - 100 miles/day) to Montreal, Quebec.
Bos/treal is a gateway to biking longer distances, a leadership pipeline for bike advocacy, and a major source of support for the BCU’s work to make biking better in Boston. Most importantly: It’s an amazing bike adventure!
All genders welcome. The Boston Cyclists Union strives to create a positive and supportive environment where all people feel welcomed, seen, celebrated, and treated equitably. For more info on the BCU's shared values and norms, click here.
On Bos/treal, you'll get to:
- See some of the most beautiful parts of New England
- Sleep in serene forests
- Swim in cool mountain lakes
- Meet people who love bikes as much as you do
- Make friendships that last long after the ride is over
- Get more comfortable and confident on a bike
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Get more involved in bike advocacy and the BCU’s work
If you want to ride Bos/treal, you can do it!
This is a fully supported trip.
We’ll carry your stuff between campsites, provide all meals and mid-ride snacks, and have a "sweep" van trailing the group to offer help or a ride. Snack/water/meal stops are spaced no more than 15-20 miles apart, so you can refuel and recharge before heading out again.
We'll help you get ready to ride.
Need a hand tuning up your bike, learning to fix a flat, getting gear, or finding a friendly group to ride with? We’ve got you covered. Our staff and volunteers can also help you borrow or find new bike and camping gear, and offer tips and guidance for effective fundraising.
Key Ride Info
Riders are required to hit a fundraising minimum, which includes a $100 registration deposit.
Don't worry: We'll help you reach your goal!
- New Bos/treal riders: $1,900
- Return Bos/treal riders: $2,200
- Depart from Boston: Saturday, May 27
- Arrive in Montreal: Wednesday, May 31
- Return (via chartered bus): Saturday, June 3
Fundraising is all-inclusive of trip costs. In addition to supporting the BCU’s work, what you raise covers:
- Lodging — 4 nights in campgrounds (all have restrooms and showers) and 3 nights in a hostel
- Food — All meals and mid-ride snacks (and water, of course)
- Rider support — SAG vehicles to carry all your stuff and help you out on the road
- Mechanic help — Fix-a-flat lessons before the ride; mechanic help mid-ride
- Return travel — Charter bus from Montreal back to Boston
- Training — Group rides led by experienced volunteers to help you prepare for Bos/treal
For the safety of all participants, and to protect people in the communities through which this ride passes, all participants must be fully vaccinated (2 shots + a booster). We will also require a negative COVID test shortly before departure; we'll provide rapid tests.
With the situation around COVID continuously changing, we will update our protocols accordingly as we near the trip. The health and safety of everyone involved is paramount.
SIGN UP TO RIDE
As a first step, please complete the form below. Please note: Completing this form secures your place in the rider queue/wait list, but does not guarantee a spot on the ride. We'll follow up with everyone from that list—in order, with consideration given to gender diversity—to complete registration and pay the $100 deposit, or see if you want to remain on the wait list. (It's not uncommon for spots to open up closer to Bos/treal's departure date.) To keep the Bos/treal community growing, we have decided to cap the number of return riders at 18 people.
Questions? Want to hear from past riders?
Check out a recording from this year's info session: