To celebrate Bike Month and the awesomeness of the cycling community in Boston, the Union is hosting a photo competition!
The theme is Spokes in the Hub. This is open to interpretation and could include:
- Your beautiful bike.
- A wicked hot tweed you wanna pose in
- A spot in Boston that is so Boston that we just have to see a bike in it.
Snap that shot and send it in because you could win!
And guess what? We have prizes!
- Grand Prize: Two free tours with Urban Adventours, an “I Bike Boston” T-shirt, and a Boston Cyclists Union T-Shirt.
- Second Prize: A $25 gift certificate to Landry’s Bicycles (redeemable at any location), and a Boston Cyclists Union T-Shirt.
- Third Prize: A $25 gift certificate to ULA Café in Jamaica Plain, and a Boston Cyclists Union T-Shirt.
- Fourth Prize: A Boston Cyclists Union T-Shirt.
Photos should be should be submitted as a .jpeg image to email@example.com with your full name, phone number and location by Monday, May 30th. Winners will be announced in the June issue of the Union Rider.
Photos should be at minimum 1819×2598 pixels and high resolution (300 dpi), and should be submitted with a title and caption. Entrants may submit more than one photo. You do not have to be a BCU member to enter the competition.
- All photos must be the original work of the entrant. The entrant must hold all rights to the photos, and photos must not have been published elsewhere.
- If recognizable people are portrayed in the photos, subjects must have given the entrant permission to distribute their image in print and online.
- No responsibility is taken for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By entering the contest, each entrant gives the Boston Cyclists Union permission to use his/her photo(s) in our brochures and other print marketing and promotional materials, website, presentations, electronic marketing and promotional materials, and fundraising materials. The entrant retains copyright to all photos and will be credited if they are used by the Union.