The BCU is recruiting for new board members! If you want to get more involved (or know someone you think would be perfect for the role), read on!
What do board members do?
- Attend monthly board meetings, plus a monthly committee meeting of your choice
- Help determine the strategic plan for the organization
- Help plan events and recruit new members
- Engage in fundraising
- Represent the Union in their communities, social circles, etc.
- Ensure the BCU is meeting its financial and legal obligations and staying true to its mission
What qualifications do I need to have?
- Most importantly are commitment to the mission and willingness to help out and be involved!
- Interest in biking/active transportation (you don’t have to ride a bike to be on the board, but it doesn’t hurt)
- Willingness to share your skills, unique perspectives and networks to advance the mission of the organization
We’ll be bringing on new board members in May 2018. If you are interested in becoming a board member or know someone who might be, nominate yourself or that person by contacting Phil Stango – email@example.com. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, and residents of Boston are highly encouraged to apply.
Click here for the full description.