Youth Outreach Team Members
Do you ride a bike? Do you ride your bike to school or work? Do you wish you could? Would you like to see Boston roads become more inviting and accessible for everyone whether walking, biking, driving or taking public transit?
The Boston Cyclists Union, a transportation advocacy non-profit, is looking for several excited young people, between the ages of 14-18, who live or go to school in the Roxbury (Malcolm X Boulevard-Warren
St) area to connect with and educate their peers and community on street designs that work better for all. Are you up for it?
In this position you will:
Receive training on:
- Community Organizing
- How streets designed
- Public speaking and telling your story
- Defunding the police and changing policing
Attend and speak up at public meetings and community events
- Ask your peers about what would improve their experience on streets in Roxbury
- Work in a group with other young people to find unique ways to educate your community about cycling and safe streets including possibly planning a community event or bike ride
Who Are We Looking For
A person who loves to connect with their community
Someone who enjoys working in a team
A person who wants to hear about the experiences of others
Compensation + Schedule
Temporary part-time paid position, 5-7 hours/week for 6 weeks
- Availability between 3-6pm Mondays, Tuesdays and/or Thursdays and time to do work on your own between group sessions
Compensation will be $599 paid in 2 installments.
Apply using the short google form below by May 1, 2022.
No prior experience needed.